If you’re searching for private resorts in Laguna, you’ll undoubtedly come across Casa Primera Hot Spring Resorts. I went here last summer with my family. Here’s a short review about our stay in Casa Primera!
Casa Primera offers various modern villas ideal for family or friends’ gatherings. These villas are located in Calamba, Laguna. What sets this apart from other resorts in this area is that Casa Primera villas have a nature-filled, relaxing ambiance and use natural water from Mount Makiling.
Our experience at Casa Primera
We booked Villa 4. It has an adult pool and kiddie pool (up to 5 feet and 3 feet, respectively), 4 airconditioned rooms with flat TVs, kitchen with basic amenities including grill, dining area, and a mini playground. It also has various entertainment amenities including videoke, billiards, table tennis, and other games.
This villa is definitely an upgrade from your run-of-the-mill private resort. It’s clean and modern, with additional features — the games in particular are a welcome addition, especially since it can be tiring to swim all day. I also like the lower-floor bedroom with nice airconditioning and firm yet soft beds. The upper floor have bunk beds which, while not as comfortable as the first ones, are perfectly good for sleeping.
We enjoyed swimming under the sun, playing, and singing OPMs in the videoke.
The rate of this villa is relatively more expensive compared to lesser-known private resorts in Laguna. We paid P14,000 for a day tour, from 9AM to 5PM.
I only had one issue with our villa in Casa Primera.
The pool water wasn’t hot — it was lukewarm. It was just like your regular pool. If I’d known about this, I would probably have asked my sister to look for a resort in Manila or Batangas instead. I was dismayed. I wanted to call one of the staff to do something but my sister said that it was fine and the kids could stay longer in the pools this way. Anyway, the pools in Casa Primera are advertised as natural and without heaters, so I’m not sure if anything could’ve been done.
Almost there, almost perfect.
Anyway, to summarize, here are the good and bad points about Casa Primera (based on our experience):
- It’s only 1 hour away from Manila
- Clean and modern, with basic amenities you need for your stay
- Relaxing ambiance
- Pool is not warm, just lukewarm/ordinary temperature
- More expensive compared to other private resorts in Laguna
The rate is easily justified given that the amenities in Casa Primera are relatively better compared to other resorts. But since on our visit the pool wasn’t sufficiently warm, I’d say it’s more expensive compared to what we usually pay for.
Do I recommend it? Hmm. I’m on the fence about it. The pool temperature is a huge deal for me. I’m open to a second chance, but for now, I think I’d rather look for other private resorts in Laguna.
About Casa Primera Hot Spring Resorts
Casa Primera offers 6 different villas for private use in Calamba, Laguna.
How to get here
Address: Daang Pag-ibig St., Nayong Maharlika Village, Brgy. Pansol, Calamba City, Laguna 4027
Instruction from their website:
- From Manila, take the HM or Greenstar bus, en route to Sta. Cruz, Laguna. Their terminals are located at the corners of Buendia & Taft Ave.. These buses will bring you within reach of the resort.
- Once you reach the National Hwy in Calamba, look for Monte Vista and Southwinds resort on the right then Iglesia ni Cristo church on your left. You can get off the bus and follow the Casa Primera Laguna Hot Spring Signages.
Rates depend on the number of pax:
- Small Group Package – 3 Rooms only – Strictly for 1 to 15 pax
- Standard Package – 4 Rooms only – Strictly for 16 to 25 pax
- Large Group Package – 4 or 5 Rooms depending on the Villa – Strictly for 26 to 35 pax
- Grande Package – 5 or 6 Rooms depending on the Villa – Strictly for 36 to 45 pax
Other things you have to know
- You need to bring your own plates and utensils, as well as towels and toiletries.
- There are items for sale at the resort, including ice, charcoal, water and drinks.
For inquiries and booking, you may contact Casa Primera: Facebook
Have you been to Casa Primera Hot Spring Resorts in Calamba, Laguna? What was your experience? Let us know in the comments below!
What to read next:
- The Cliffhouse Laguna
- Best Hot Spring Resorts in Laguna and [Top Picks] Private Hot Spring Resorts in Laguna
Katherine Cortes is a 30-something freelance writer/editor. She likes beaches, snorkeling trips, and relaxing staycations (preferably with bath tubs!).