Laguna is the go-to destination for those who want to enjoy a day on a hot spring pool. We’ve discovered one of the best private hot spring resorts in Laguna — The Cliffhouse Laguna.
The Cliffhouse Laguna is a boutique private hot spring resort located at the foothills of Mount Makiling in Los Banos, Laguna. Unlike the usual busy resorts in Pansol, it’s tucked away inside a private subdivision which ensures privacy and quiet. The house is literally built in a cliff with great views of Laguna de Bay.
It’s an ideal option for family get-together, team buildings or short vacations.
Our stay at The Cliffhouse Laguna
I went here with Hali for his birthday in 2019. The previous year, we spent his special day backpacking in Palawan, so I guess it means we’re becoming a tita and tito! Anyway, we decided we’d rather have a quiet celebration in this private hot spring resort.
We were booked for a night stay. Prior to our visit, I requested if it was possible to arrive in the late afternoon instead of 6PM and the host approved. I think there weren’t any guests booked before us.
The location of The Cliffhouse Laguna was convenient because it’s so close — it only took us an hour of drive from Alabang. We parked in front of the house and climbed up a long set of stairs to get inside.
There are a total of five rooms in the The Cliffhouse Laguna. Each room is decorated a little differently. We stayed in Room 3, which features floor-to-ceiling glass walls and a balcony where you can enjoy the fresh air outside. It’s similar to other rooms in the resort. We chose this room because it has a wicker seat that Hali likes.
We checked every room in the resort and all were clean and comfortable.
Just after we arrived, we enjoyed a merienda of hot coffee and buko pie — which is of course a must-have dessert in Laguna.
Then we spent hours swimming. In my opinion, the resort’s biggest asset is its gorgeous semi-indoor infinity pool with jacuzzi. The pool uses only natural hot spring water. Also, it offers a nice view of the outdoors.
Have I mentioned that it’s super instagrammable? I’m gonna admit it’s one of the reasons we chose The Cliffhouse Laguna for this occassion.
The pool gently slopes downward (from 4 feet to 5 feet), so it’s perfect for adults — it’s not too shallow or too deep. You can just stay at the sides or take a proper swim. We found the warm water so soothing that we wanted to stay there for hours.
We stayed until it was night time. The infinity pool also looked fantastic at night, although it became a little chilly.
Hali was actually supposed to bring his work here, but the ambiance was so relaxing (and he ate so much) that we just opted to retire earlly to bed.
In the morning, I went alone in the roofdeck to see where the sunrise would be and witnessed the view changed colors, from a sleepy dusk to a golden glow. Then we had breakfast and then hit off the road to get home.
Overall, we loved our stay here at The Cliffhouse Laguna. I like its unique modern design and its amenities — particularly the infinity pool, the spacious lounge area where we hanged out after the swim, and the bedrooms with the floor-to-ceiling glass walls. I also appreciated that they have other entertainment offered like the billiards table and KTV room, which we’d used briefly. A night stay was honestly too short!
Aside from these, we also found the owner and staff of The Cliffhouse Laguna friendly and accommodating. Ms. Gen actually dropped by to ask us how we were, and the caretakers were helpful and easy to call whenever we had needs.
Our stay was very pleasant. This is one of the best private hot spring resorts in Laguna we’d stayed it. We highly recommend it to others who want to have a quiet & relaxing vacation as well.
Practical Info: The Cliffhouse Laguna
How to get here
Address: Blk 10 Lot 11 Niagara Street, Springdale Subdivision, Los Banos, Laguna
Here are the commute directions:
- From Buendia or Cubao, ride a bus to Sta. Cruz, Laguna. Get off at Springdale Subdivision.
- Rent a trike OR walk for about 10 minutes to the resort.
The Cliffhouse Laguna is one of the closest private hot spring resorts you can get to if you’re coming from the metro. We drove here from Alabang and it only took us an hour to get here.
Amenities and features
Here are the amenities in The Cliffhouse Laguna.
- 5 Deluxe rooms
- Semi-indoor infinity pool
- Billiard table
- KTV/videoke room
- Half-court basketball
- Roofdeck with overlooking view
- Kitchen with basic amenities such as ref, stove plus a grilling area
- Water dispenser with free 1 5-gallon water
Things to know before you go
- The Cliffhouse Laguna is a great option for family-get togethers.
- As its name implies, this private hot spring resort is built in a cliff. You need to take 5 flights of stairs to get to the lounge/pool area. You might want to consider this if you’re bringing senior citizens. Staff can assist with bringing baggage.
- You need to bring your own towels & toiletries. You also need to bring your own utensils and charcoal, if you plan to grill.
- There’s a small sari-sari store across the resort and a 7-11 outside the subdivision.
- The resort has free wifi.
- There is ample parking space.
- No pets allowed.
Book your stay here
You can choose among day tour, overnight tour, and full-day tour. Here are the rates (updated as of March 2019):
- Day tour: P15,000
- Overnight: P16,000
- Full-day tour (22 hours): P26,000
The whole resort is good for 20-25 people.
Make sure to check their booking page for the updated rates and follow them in Facebook for sale alerts.
Disclaimer: Thank you The Cliffhouse Laguna for hosting us! Thanks especially to Ms. Gen and the staff for making sure that we’re comfortable. As always, thoughts and opinions are my own.
Have you been to The Cliffhouse Laguna? What’s your experience?
What to read next:
Planning a vacation soon? Check out our list of recommended resorts:
- Best Resorts in Bataan
- Best Beach Resorts in Batangas and 10 Private Resorts in Batangas and Family-Friendly Resorts in Batangas
- Best Resorts in Bulacan
- Best Resorts in Cavite and 7 Private Resorts in Cavite
- 7 Private Resorts in Tagaytay for Weekend Retreats
- Best Hot Spring Resorts in Laguna and 7 Private Hot Spring Resorts in Laguna
- Best Resorts in Pampanga and 5 Private Resorts in Pampanga
- Best Resorts in Quezon Province
- Best Resorts in Antipolo, Rizal and 5 Private Resorts in Antipolo
- Best Resorts in Tanay, Rizal
You might also like:
Katherine Cortes is a 30-something freelance writer/editor. She likes beaches, snorkeling trips, and relaxing staycations (preferably with bath tubs!).