One of the things I love discovering as a traveler are nice staycations. Especially today, when there’s a lot of places offering not just the promise of relaxation but also unique aesthetics and/or facilities. One of the places I’d been eyeing for a while now is Villa Elisha. Villa Elisha is a private villa resort located in Antipolo, Rizal.
I’d actually found this when I was randomly browsing private resorts in Antipolo via Airbnb. However, at that time, I didn’t have anyone to go with me so I delayed booking for a later date. Fortunately, I was invited for a bloggers’ stay in the villa so I cleared my schedule and went here for a 2-night stay.
Inside Villa Elisha
Villa Elisha is located in Phillip’s Sanctuary, a 30-hectare forest reserve nestled at the foothills of the Sierra mountain range. It is modern & stylish, with 3 bedrooms and an additional loft area with sleeping mattresses, 3 bathrooms (2 with toilet area), a swimming pool and a BBQ grill area.
One of the things I love about Villa Elisha is its aesthetics. The house is accentuated with gray and brown colors, which is complemented by the vivid green of the surrounding forest and the deep-blue of the pool outside.
It’s also spacious and can fit a large of people.
There’s also a lot of IG corners, so it will definitely be popular to millennials as well. Take for instance the loft area with sleeping mattresses, which faces floor-to-ceiling glass windows so you can wake up immediately invigorated by the morning sunlight.
Another thing worth mentioning are the books. There are various books and magazines in every room, which helps pass the time. I’m a book lover, and so I enjoyed looking at someone else’s personal collection.
The swimming pool is cool, but it’s tolerable. It makes me feel like bathing in a natural spring, which certainly adds to the charm. Although there is no separate kiddie pool, the whole pool is only 4 feet tall so it’s safe for families and kids, given supervision.
Lastly, Villa Elisha also has access to the facilities inside Phillip’s Sanctuary. The facilities are normally used for team-building, but there’s no reason you can’t complete the water ninja course or zoom through the zipline with your family or friends.
If you feel like walking around the forest sanctuary, you’re free to do so. There are walking and hiking trails you can follow.
Do I recommend Villa Elisha? Absolutely yes. This is a great gem hidden in Antipolo, Rizal. It’s a great option for family outings or friends’ getaways.
Practical Guide to Villa Elisha
How to get here
Address: Pestano Farm, Sitio Palinglingan, Brgy. San Juan, Antipolo, Rizal
Villa Elisha is about 1 hour away from Manila.
From Cubao, ride a jeep or van to Cogeo and then get off at Cogeo Public Market (about P40). From there, ride a jeep to Paenaan and then get off at Cabading (P20). From Cabading, there are tricycles you can charter to the villa (P150-200 per ride).
Via private car
If you’re bringing a private car, take note that the road from Cabading to the villa is steep. There is also weak/non-existent mobile signal in the area so once you reach the guard house to Phillip’s Sanctuary, make sure to ask for clear directions to Villa Elisha.
There are free parking spaces inside.
- 3 bedroom and 1 loft area with sleeping mattresses
- 3 bathrooms (2 with shower stalls)
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Swimming pool
- BBQ area
Additionally, you can access the facilities inside Phillip’s Sanctuary:
- Swimming pool
- Obstacle courses
- Hanging bridge
- Fishing lagoon
- Multipurpose trails for biking and hiking
- Picnic areas
- Children’s playground
Extra fee and advance reservations required:
- Bonfire area
Things you should know before you go
Villa Elisha is a great place to disconnect. Read these first to manage your expectations:
- Once you get there, a caretaker will greet you and assist you during the stay. If you encounter any issues, don’t hesitate to ask the caretaker for help.
- Villa Elisha is pet-friendly. However, pets may not stay in the bedrooms.
- There is weak/non-existent mobile signal in the area. There is also no WIFI available.
- Electricity may fluctuate during day time. Additionally, airconditioning is turned on only from 6PM to 6AM.
We visited Villa Elisha in the month of August, so it was still relatively cool. However, during summer, it may get a bit hot inside with only fans for ventilation. If so, open the doors and windows to let the fresh air in or cool off in the swimming pool.
What to bring
- You can bring your own food for cooking. The kitchen and BBQ area are free of use. Alternatively, you can also ask for catering for your group. Rate is P250 per pax for plated food and P500 per pax for buffet-style meal.
- There is a variety store nearby. However, I still recommend buying everything you need before going to the villa.
- Bring your own towels and toiletries.
- Bring an insect repellent especially if you’re going to explore Phillip’s Sanctuary.
Book your stay
- Capacity: The whole villa can comfortably accommodate 15 pax. Maximum capacity is 30 pax.
- Check in: 12 noon/ check out: 10AM
You may also contact Villa Elisha via their Facebook page.
Villa Elisha is also available as pre-nup location. (As of October 2019) Rate is P10,000. Schedule is from 12 noon to 6PM.
Disclaimer: Thanks Jeepsetter PH for the invite and Villa Elisha for accommodating us! As always, thoughts and opinions are my own.
Do you have any questions about Villa Elisha in Antipolo, Rizal? Let us know in the comments below!
What to read next:
Here are other places for your staycation: