Ataalaya Farmhouse: Bed-and-Breakfast with Stunning Views of Taal in Batangas
Oh my God, is this the most beautiful rest house in Batangas? That was my first thought when we entered the gates of Ataalaya Farmhouse.
Ataalaya Farmhouse is a private bed-and-breakfast set in a 5-hectare farm in Alitagtag, Batangas. I’d been to a handful of places in this area and in my opinion it’s the best Airbnb with a view of Taal Lake.
Here’s our experience in Ataalaya Farmhouse!
Our stay in Ataalaya Farmhouse
I found Ataalaya Farmhouse through another blog. I was supposed to go here with my boyfriend Hali but he got pulled from work, so instead I invited another friend — Jona of Jona Shares.
Jona and I met up at Sta. Cruz/Cuta East in Batangas and took a tricycle to Ataalaya Farmhouse. The moment we entered the gates, we uttered a “Wow!” The farmhouse is located on top of a hill and as so we were immediately greeted with a grandiose view of Taal Volcano. On the right side, we could also see Mount Maculot.
The name Ataalaya came from the words “Atalaya” (Spanish for lookout point) and “Taal”.
The farmhouse is a 2-story building with Cape Dutch, Indian and traditional Filipino design.
It has complete amenities: 3 bedrooms for guests, a living room, 2 bathrooms (including one with a bath tub with a view of Taal Lake), kitchen, and alfresco dining & lounge areas.
It has a colonial ambiance but also have that cozy, homey feel which makes it an ideal place for staycation. A lot of the items that can be found in the farmhouse are souvenirs from travels of the farmhouse’s owners, which is why you can find unique “treasure” boxes, music instruments and paintings.
The farmhouse has spacious outdoors. It has a pavilion and — wait for it — an outdoor jacuzzi where you can relax, enjoy the beautiful views or (if you’re like us) take a million pictures for the gram.
Jona and I toured the farmhouse. I love how huge and sunny the grounds are. I love the rolling hill landscape and the view of Taal Lake and Mount Maculot which I could never get tired of.
Once we got settled, we went to try out the outdoor jacuzzi. The caretaker suggested we go there during sunset since the water is warm and we’d be witnessing the glorious shades of sunset all around us and that’s what we did.
Here are some of the photos that we took!
You know what’s the only thing that’s missing? Wine. We should’ve brought wine.
The water was indeed warm and we enjoyed just sitting there chatting and enjoying the view. I actually hadn’t been on a trip with Jona except for our overnight stay in Lily Vacation Farm House, so it was a good opportunity to get to know each other.
At night, the lights were turned on and it was so beautiful. Whether you’re with a friend or a partner, this setting is perfect.
Our caretaker announced that dinner was ready so we got out of the tub, shivering. Only breakfast is complimentary for guests at the farmhouse, so for dinner we asked the caretaker to cook for us. We had sinigang and grilled tilapia. The tilapia was fresh and delicious, and apparently it’s one of the recommended food to buy in Batangas (tip: ask for tilapia from Taal or Talisay).
After the dinner, I soaked myself in the hot bathtub. While I didn’t get to see the view outside since it was already dark, I was relaxed and soothed by the warm water. Seriously, I love this farmhouse.
The morning after, we had a delightful breakfast consisting of eggs, tapa, bread with mango and orange chutney and fresh fruits. Kapeng barako was also served in the table. Again, the food and the outdoor setup was perfect.
We then visited the farm just across the property. There’s an ongoing construction for a storage facilities, but we did see the plantation and some of the animals including chickens, cows and pigs. It was nice seeing that the cows have a wide space to roam. One cow was particularly friendly so I took the liberty of feeding it fresh leaves.
After that, we went back to the farmhouse and simply relaxed until our hired tricycle fetched us back to the town proper.
Overall, I love everything about Ataalaya Farmhouse. It’s probably the most beautiful private rest house I’d been to in Batangas. The design of the house, amenities and the gorgeous views are simply amazing. It’s perfect for unwinding or bonding with family, friends or romantic partner. I learned that it’s also a popular venue for pre-nup shoots and other events.
I highly recommend booking your stay here at Ataalaya Farmhouse.
Practical Info: Ataalaya Farmhouse (Alitagtag, Batangas)
How to get here
Location: Sitio Cabagan, Barangay Sta. Cruz Alitagtag, 4205 Batangas, Philippines
- From Buendia or Alabang, board a bus en route to Lemery or Batangas Pier/Lipa.
- If the bus is headed to Lemery, drop off at Sta. Cruz/Cuta East.
- If Batangas Pier or Lipa, drop off at Tambo/Lipa City. From there, take a jeep with signboard Lemery and drop off at Sta. Cruz/Cuta East.
- From Sta. Cruz/Cuta East, there are tricycles to Ataalaya Farmhouse (P50 one way).
From Alabang, travel time to Ataalaya Farmhouse is 1.5 hour. Round-trip fare is about P400 per person.
Ataalaya Farmhouse is a great place for a staycation! But if you’re looking for other activities, here are suggestions:
- Taal heritage town tour (10-15 minutes away)
- Anilao island hopping (diving/snorkeling)
- Mt. Maculot hiking tour (10-15 minutes away from hiking jump off point)
- Boat trip and hike to Taal Volcano (Note: there’s a steep road at the back of the property that leads to the lake where you can swim)
Book your stay here
You can book Ataalaya Farmhouse below:
- Book via Booking.com.
- Book via Airbnb: whole farmhouse or see all listings (including individual rooms)
Here are some things you need to know about booking:
- The farmhouse includes 3 bedrooms (queen, twin and loft room). You can rent per room or rent the whole farmhouse.
- Check in time is 2PM and check out at 12 noon. Check in/out times can be negotiated depending on whether there are other guests booked before or after your stay.
- Breakfast is complimentary.
- You can bring your own food (free use of kitchen) or ask the caretaker to cook for you for a minimal fee (P250 + P50 for gas for buying ingredients).
- Smoking is allowed only in the gardens and al fresco areas.
- Bringing of pets is not allowed.
- Parking is available for 4-5 cars.
The farmhouse is also available for events. Here are the rates (Updated as of 2019):
- Weddings, birthdays, debuts, reunions, etc. – P35,000 for first 8 hours, P1000 for every succeeding hour thereafter. Maximum 120 pax.
- Pre-nup/pre-debut shoot or day tour for 8 hours, with usage of one bedroom – no aircon P6000 / with aircon P8000. Up to 10 pax.
Disclaimer: Thanks Mrs. Patty Rodriguez of Ataalaya Farmhouse for hosting us! As always, thoughts and opinions are my own.
Do you have any questions about Ataalaya Farmhouse? Let us know in the comments below!
What to read next:
Love Airbnb? Here are other places for your staycation:
- Narra Hill (Tagaytay)
- Ataalaya Farmhouse (Alitagtag, Batangas)
- Lily Vacation Farm House (Jalajala, Rizal)
- Casa Belinda (Lipa, Batangas)
- Little House by the Beach (Lobo, Batangas)
- Our favorite Airbnbs near Manila
Katherine Cortes is a 30-something freelance writer/editor. She likes beaches, snorkeling trips, and relaxing staycations (preferably with bath tubs!).
Hello po. I just wanna ask kung pano po process for day tour? Need pa po ba reservation or punta nalang po dun directly? Thank you po ng madami for this.
Hi. As this is an Airbnb listing you need to book before going. No walk-ins allowed. Also regular stays are overnight, day tours are for photo-shoots like prenups
Karla Niña Mallannao
Uyyyy sobrang ganda! Parang Batanes yung view then parang The Ruins yung building sa gabi. Hope makapunta rin ako dito huhu
I think, the outdoor jacuzzi overlooking the view of the Taal lake is heaven! wanna go there! ♥️
The pavilion and the outdoor jacuzzi look surreal. I think it’s nice to spend summer there with family or a romantic getaway with my boyfriend.
This is such a scenic place. I wish to have this kind of place someday! So relaxing, so green and so refreshing!