Kamayan sa Palaisdaan is the original kamayan floating restaurant in the Philippines. It’s one of the best places to eat in Tayabas, Quezon, and is in fact a tourist attraction in itself! Currently, aside from the restaurant, it has a sister hotel & restaurant which offers more dining options such as Air Summit Gourmet and Summit Bar & Cafe.
Kamayan sa Palaisdaan Restaurant
Kamayan sa Palaisdaan restaurant features a man-made pond with about 60 floating balsa and cottages. Dining here is an experience in itself! You can order typical Filipino dishes, as well as fresh seafood.
You can also choose to catch fresh tilapia from the pond for cooking.
I invited here during our 2-day food tour in Calabarzon. We had ginataang suso with pako (snails with fern in coconut milk), inihaw na liempo and inihaw na tilapia. The liempo was good and the tilapia was so fresh (no surprise there!). I hadn’t tried eating suso before, so it was a novelty. It was weird, by the way. I guess it’s also an acquired taste.
Our meal may be simple enough but it’s a feast in itself, especially as we were enjoying our food in a unique location such as this one.
For refreshment, we had fresh buko juice. For dessert, we had pilipit (a type of pastry made from kalabasa flour and honey), which was sweet and crunchy.
While we were having our meal, a group of musicians came over and serenaded us with classic Filipino songs.
I love our dining experience here. Kamayan sa Palaisdaan restaurant is a great option especially if you want to enjoy traditional Filipino food and fresh seafood with your family or group of friends. Weddings and other events are also accommodated in the restaurant.
Here are the must-try’s in Kamayan sa Palaisdaan:
- Inihaw na pla-pla (commonly known as tilapia)
- Inihaw na hito
- Inihaw na spare ribs
- Squid in oyster sauce and salpicao (mixed vegetables & seafood).
Kamayan sa Palaisdaan Hotel and Resort
If you’re planning to stay overnight, you can do so in Kamayan sa Palaisdaan Hotel and Resort. This one is just walking distance from the original restaurant.
Here are the facilities you can enjoy:
- Spring lagoon pool and infinity pool
- Garden hall
- Poolside hall
- Zipline and body fall activities
- In-house restaurants
Kamayan sa Palaisdaan Hotel and Resort offers various dining options.
- Kamayan sa Palaisdaan floating restaurant
- Air Summit Gourmet
- Summit Bar and Cafe
Fisherslake offers the same menu as the original kamayan restaurant. The difference is the dining tables here are located in submerged platforms instead of floating cottages, so you can experience “fish spa dining”.
The Air Summit Gourmet is a unique concept where you can dine in an actual airplane. First, you need to go to the reception area and then place your order. Then, enter the airplane and wait for your order.
Air Summit Gourmet offers international cuisine, such as steaks.
The Summit Bar and Cafe is a poolside bar where you can order various types of alcohol as well as coffee drinks.
Practical Info: Kamayan sa Palaisdaan (Tayabas, Quezon)
How to get here
Address: Brgy. Dapdap, Tayabas City, Quezon
- From Manila, board a bus to Lucena, Quezon (~P200 per person, 3-4 hours depending on traffic). Get off at Lucena Grand Terminal.
- At the terminal, board a jeep to Lucban and tell the driver to drop you off at Kamayan sa Palaisdaan (~P20 per person, 20 minutes).
- Kamayan sa Palaisdaan restaurant: 8AM to 10PM (last order at 8:30PM)
- Kamayan sa Palaisdaan Hotel and Resort: open 24 hours
Here are the rates for the Kamayan sa Palaisdaan Hotel and Resort (updated as of May 2019):
Day tour/night tour
Day tour and night tour is available to enjoy the resort’s pools.
Day rate (8AM to 5PM)
- Lagoon pool: P100 (adult), P80 (children)
- Summit pool: P150 (adult), P100 (children)
Night rate (6PM to 12MN)
- Lagoon pool: P150 (adult), P130 (children)
- Summit pool: P200 (adult), P150 (children)
For overnight stay, you can choose among: resthouse, deluxe room, standard room, villa and dormitory room.
Rates for a standard room for 2 people start at:
- P2800 (off-peak season, weekday) and P3300 (off-peak season, weekend)
- P3300 (high-peak season, weekday) and P4000 (high-peak season, weekend).
Book discounted rates at Kamayan sa Palaisdaan via Agoda.
Websites: Facebook | mobile: 0918 951 0460 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you been to Kamayan sa Palaisdaan in Tayabas, Quezon? What was your experience? Let us know in the comments below!
What to read next:
Here are similar posts:
Here are our features for the Calabarzon Food Tour:
- Asiong Restaurant (Cavite)
- Kamayan sa Palaisdaan (Quezon)
- Balaw-Balaw Restaurant and Art Gallery (Rizal)
Katherine Cortes is a 30-something freelance writer/editor. She likes beaches, snorkeling trips, and relaxing staycations (preferably with bath tubs!).