Located high up in the mountains in the Cordillera Region, Baguio City is a great destination for those who would like to escape the tropical heat in the Philippines. The city is known for its cool climate and scenic views, and what better place to have a staycation than the “City of Pines”?
Aside from the usual Baguio hotels and bed-and-breakfasts, this city also offers a number of beautiful Airbnb houses for short-term stays. Tudor in the Pines is one such famous Airbnb, famous for its modern houses and glass treehouses.
We stayed in the Pine Needle Treehouse. Here’s our review of Tudor in the Pines!
Our stay at Tudor in the Pines
I stayed here with my friend for 2 nights, in one of their twin treehouses – the Pine Needle Treehouse. The treehouse hangs 30 feet above the ground, connected by a hanging bridge. It’s most notable feature is its glass walls, where you can see the surrounding pine forest.
Tudor in the Pines looks as lovely in person as it does in photos!
It has two levels: the first is a cozy living/dining room area, with a wooden chest that is used as storage for plates, cups, and utensils. There is also complimentary water and coffee packets.
A tight staircase leads to the bottom level, where you can find a king-sized bed, a hammock, a guitar, and en suite bathroom with hot & cold shower, towels, and basic complimentary toiletries.
The style of this Baguio Airbnb is minimal yet stylish, and the treehouse design is truly one of a kind! I would say that this is probably one of the most unique Airbnbs in the Philippines I’ve had stayed at.
Here are the things I love about Tudor in the Pines:
- Location: Located in Barangay Balacbac, this Airbnb is about 15 minutes away from the city proper. So it’s a decent choice if you want somewhere quiet but still close to all the happenings in the city. As its name says, Tudor in the Pines is nestled within a pine forest, so it’s ideal for relaxation.
- Aesthetics: If you’re into IG-worthy staycations (as I am), then Tudor in the Pines should be on your list of places to stay when in Baguio.
- Amenities: Tudor in the Pines offers basic amenities, including towels and toiletries. I appreciate this since not a lot of Airbnb hosts offer these feature. There are also added items for your leisure including board games and a ukulele. I don’t play ukulele but it looks really cool in pictures. I also liked the fast WIFI since we needed to stay online most of the time.
Here are some things that you should note:
- As with most accommodations in Baguio City, Tudor in the Pines has no airconditioning. We find that it can get hot inside the treehouse during daytime. There is a cooling fan, but we prefer to just open the windows to let the cool air in or hang out in the deck and enjoy the views.
- Since it is located in a residential neighborhood, there are limited eateries nearby. We suggest eating out in the city proper instead. You can also bring take-outs or order from GrabFood or FoodPanda.
- If you’re staying in the treehouse, you will literally feel slight shaking when someone is walking across the hanging bridge. Don’t worry, it’s safe!
Overall, we had a nice time at Tudor in the Pines. Our accommodation fits 2 people, so it’s ideal for couples or even friends who are looking for an escape from the city life. Since it is tucked away in a quiet neighborhood, surrounded by pine trees and fresh mountain air, it makes for a peaceful and rejuvenating getaway in Baguio City.
How to get to Tudor in the Pines
Tudor in the Pines is located at Barangay Balacbac, about 15 minutes away from the city proper.
To commute here from Baguio City, head to the terminal in Shagem Street (between A Hotel and Security Bank) and a ride a jeepney that passes by this Airbnb. There are jeepney rides from early morning up to about 9PM in the evening.
What to do in Baguio City
There are many things to do in Baguio City! If it’s your first time, here are some of the must-do’s:
- Check out popular attractions such as Burnham Park, Mines View Park, Tam-Awan Village, Camp John Hay, and the strawberry farm in La Trinidad.
- Go to nearby day trips, such as BenCab Museum and Northern Blossom Flower Farm in Atok, Benguet.
- Try some of the famous restaurants in Baguio City, including Good Taste, Cafe in the Ruins, Arca’s Yard Cafe, and more.
- Go on a food trip. Don’t miss out on strawberry delicacies including strawberry cakes from Vinzon’s, strawberry taho, and of course fresh strawberries from the market or straight from the farm. Heck, you can even go on a strawberry tour in Baguio City!
- Best of all, enjoy the cool weather and have fun!
Book your stay at Tudor in the Pines
Tudor in the Pines offers 5 types of accommodations, all of which can be booked via Airbnb. These are:
- Twin Glass Treehouse (Pine Cone and Pine Needle; good for 2 people each)
- Garden Terrace (good for 4 people)
- Forest Terrace (good for 6 people)
- Royal Cottage (good for 6 people)
- Tudor House (good for 10 people)
The whole property can accommodate up to 30 people maximum.
Each unit at Tudor in the Pines has different amenities, so check their listings carefully. The treehouses are good for couples, while groups can enjoy the larger accommodations. The suites have their own kitchen, so you can bring your own food and cook if you want. (Tip: if you’re looking for a bath tub, then go for the Royal Cottage!)
In addition, you can also use the following shared amenities:
- View deck that offers a 360-degree view of the property
- Bonfire area (available upon request)
For inquiries, you can contact Tudor in the Pines in their official website.
Disclaimer: Our stay at Tudor in the Pines was provided for free. As always, thoughts and opinions are my own.
Have you been to Tudor in the Pines in Baguio City? What was your experience? Let us know in the comments section below!
What to read next:
Planning to visit Baguio City? You might be interested in these:
- Best Baguio Tourist Spots + Things to Do
- Best Baguio Hotels (From Budget to Luxury)
- Tudor in the Pines
Interesting spots near Baguio City:
Get discounts on your travels!
Enjoy discounts with KLOOK using our promo code: TARALETSANYWHERE
Katherine Cortes is a long-time backpacker and a freelance writer/editor. She likes beaches, snorkeling trips, and relaxing staycations (preferably with bath tubs!).