I was helping out my sister plan a family trip to Bantayan Island, so I asked my blogger friends for their recommendations on where to stay. There was unanimous consensus that the best beach resort in Bantayan Island is Kota Beach Resort because it has the most beautiful beachfront.
While it’s true that Bantayan Island is known for its beaches, some stand out like that in Kota Beach Resort. The beach here features white sand, turquoise waters. It’s also near a sand bar, which is a popular IG spot especially those who own a drone for aerial photography.
Our stay at Kota Beach Resort
I and Joemar (of Lakwatserong Irigenyo) were in Bantayan Island for 2 days, so we booked for a standard room overnight. The room rates in this resort are more expensive compared to others in the island, but generally speaking it’s in the reasonable scale.
The room consists of a single and a double-occupancy bed. I was actually surprised because most standard rooms only offer one bed for sharing. The room features a simple, native decoration. There’s an outdoor terrace, television, hot & cold shower. Complimentary water bottles are provided.
It looks nicer in person than in photos.
The standard rooms are set in a building that are walking distance from the beachfront. If you want to stay in the beachfront, you need to book a cottage. In our first day, we were booked for a land tour and island hopping tour so we didn’t mind getting a standard room.
And now, let’s move on to Kota Beach. The moment I saw it, I knew we made the right choice in staying here. The beach is lined with towering coconut trees, with the occasional sun lounges and towels on the sand for resort guests. During high tide, you can clearly see the turquoise water surrounded by fine white sand.
Aside from its natural beauty, what I like about Kota Beach is that it’s exclusive. The resort itself offers reasonable rates, but it feels high end. Tourists in the island can pass by the shore, but generally, only the guests stay in the beachfront. Some locals also pass by, offering tours and/or fresh or cooked seafood.
During low tide though, the water may not be that pretty as it gets mixed with the brownish sand further in the beach.
We also walked to the sand bar near the resort, where we saw people taking photos and kite surfing. To be honest, we found it underwhelming and there were dried seaweeds and garbage in the sand bar, so for the rest of our stay, we remained in the beachfront.
The resort also has its own restaurant called Kadlawon Restaurant. We didn’t eat meals here other than the complimentary breakfast because we wanted to explore other restaurants in Bantayan Island. Breakfast options are Continental, American or Filipino.
The breakfast was good, with generous serving. I recommend the continental set if you want a heavy meal. Instant coffee is provided instead of brewed, but it’s just a minor thing so I won’t complain.
Here’s my overall review of Kota Beach Resort in Bantayan Island.
Kota Beach Resort lived up to its expectation. The resort is clean, organized and stylish with a one-in-a-kind beachfront. The staff is polite and helpful.
The resort is a great choice especially if you want to experience the best of Bantayan Island. It’s ideal for relaxing holidays, so I suggest staying here for a couple of days. The amenities are also family-friendly, so it’s a good choice for those with children.
I also like the location of the resort, as it’s about 5-10 minute walk to the town proper in Bantayan Island so you can explore other restaurants and establishments.
About Kota Beach Resort
How to get here
For complete guide on how to get to island, read our Guide to Bantayan Island.
From Sta. Fe Port, Kota Beach Resort offers shuttle pickup and dropoff from 8AM to 5PM. Outside these hours, you can ride a tricycle for about P20-40 (5-10 minutes).
Things to know before you go
- Kota Beach Resort is one of the most popular beach resorts in Bantayan Island. As such, make sure to book weeks in advance especially during peak season.
- The resort has an in-house restaurant. Still, you can buy fresh seafood at the market and have it cooked at the restaurant for a fee.
- Just outside the resort, you can find tricycle drivers offering land tours. Similarly, there are boat operators staying in the beachfront area. You may also ask the reception desk at the resort to connect you with third-party tour operators.
- Kota Beach Resort shares the same beachfront with Budyong Beach Resort, but aesthetics and ambiance wise, we still prefer Kota Beach Resort.
Book your stay here
- Room rates start at P2300 for a standard room (good up to 2 pax). Beachfront cottages start at P4000 (good up to 2 pax). Complimentary breakfast is included.
- Check in 2PM, check out at 12noon. Additional charge of P500 per hour is incurred after 12noon.
Tip: If you want the best value for your money, some people recommend getting a beachfront cottage at the second row. You can still enjoy a beachfront experience, but in a cheaper price.
- Massage: P500 per person
For other inquiries, you may contact Kota Beach Resort at the following:
Other resorts in Bantayan
Here are other recommended resorts in Bantayan Island:
- Annika Beach Resort. Book discounted rooms here.
- Bantayan Island Nature Park and Resort. Book discounted rooms here.
- Jelly’s Haven Resort. Book discounted rooms here.
Have you stayed in Kota Beach Resort in Bantayan Island? What was your experience? Do you have other recommended resorts? Let us know in the comment section below!
What to read next:
Visiting Cebu? Here are other posts you might be interested at:
- Day Tour in Oslob
- Day Trip in Moalboal and Kawasan Falls
- Travel Guide to Moalboal
- Travel Guide to Bantayan Island and Top Things to Do in Bantayan Island
- Travel Guide to Malapascua Island
Looking for accommodations?
Get discounts on your travels!
Enjoy discounts with KLOOK using our promo code: TARALETSANYWHERE
Katherine Cortes is a long-time backpacker and a freelance writer/editor. She likes beaches, snorkeling trips, and relaxing staycations (preferably with bath tubs!).