Over the past days, I’d been obsessed with looking for staycations with great views, even though as Hali says, “Matutulog lang rin naman dun”. I found out about Icon Plaza in BGC, Taguig (which is my hometown, by the way), and we decided to book here for an overnight stay on a weekday.
Here’s our staycation experience in Icon Plaza, BGC.
Our staycation at Icon Plaza (BGC)
Icon Plaza is a high-end tower located in the heart of BGC in Taguig City. It features a mix of residential and office spaces.
We booked a room here via Zen Rooms.
Ours is a 1-bedroom suite. The whole room was surprisingly spacious, bigger than other condo units we’d seen. I kept thinking it’s possible to dance or do yoga here comfortably. It was also functional and clean, with splashes of color courtesy of Zen Room’s logo.
There’s a kitchen where you can cook and even a fridge, which we find very convenient. There were also basic amenities like plates and utensils, electric kettle, coffee brewer and a water dispenser, so you don’t need to bring your own water bottles.
Aside from the size, what I like most about our room is the view in the balcony. Since it’s located in 34th floor, we could see the surrounding buildings and stores from up here.
After settling down for a bit, we checked out the pool area found in the 11th floor. We were totally alone. Perks of booking on a weekday.
There’s an infinity pool, a kiddie pool and another small pool (which is either a jacuzzi or just a warm, small pool). The infinity pool looks better in real life than photos posted online, and the cityscape background is amazing. It’ll really make you feel like you’re on top of the world.
The wind is very chilly here, by the way. I was gritting my teeth the first time I went to the water. (For the sake of photos, right.)
We stayed in the pool area until sunset and then a little after that, just so we can see how the surroundings change.
The pool area looked more inviting at night. If I were to live in the middle of the city, I’d probably stay in a high-rise building too so I can see the city lights everyday.
We went back up in our room, showered and got dressed. We decided to go down for dinner. Fortunately, Icon Plaza is located literally beside Mercato Centrale, so we were able to look around at the various food stalls and grab dinner.
We had a relaxing sleep and checked out before lunch time the next day, armed and refreshed for another day.
What we like about our stay in Icon Plaza
To summarize, here are things that I liked about our stay:
- Our Zen Room unit is spacious, with great views from the balcony
- The infinity pool is awesome and also it’s only 4 feet deep (plus point for shorties like me)
- Icon Plaza is located within distance of retail stores and restaurants, so we had a lot of dining options and other places to see. We had lunch at Bad Bird and dinner at Mercato Centrale.
What I think can be improved on:
- Parking. The unit we rented does not include a parking space. We would love to have one even for an additional fee as it’s challenging to find a place to park overnight in BGC. In the end, we just decided to commute.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay here and will gladly come back again in the future.
Practical Info: Icon Plaza, BGC
How to get to Icon Plaza
Address: 5th Avenue cor. 25th street. Bonifacio South, Bonifacio Global City. Taguig City.
Zen Home Icon BGC Plaza is close to major transport hubs.
As for us, we actually just walked from Market Market. It’s only about 10-15 minutes away.
Book your staycation unit via Zen Rooms
We got our room from Zen Rooms. Zen Rooms is a hotel booking platform that features budget-friendly options for everyone. Their motto is “Travel more, pay less.” You can get rooms as low as P999/night.
We had a 1-bedroom suite for overnight.
Here are the features of the room we booked:
- 1 bed-room suite with king-sized bed
- CR with hot & cold shower, bath soap/gel
- Kitchenette with cookware and dinnerware
- Free wifi
- Flat TV with cable
Guests staying at Icon Plaza have access to the following amenities, located in the 11th floor:
- Outdoor pool area (infinity pool, kiddie pool and another small pool)
- Game room
Take note that the pool area is closed on Mondays for cleaning.
The 11th floor also has its own toilet and bath area for convenience.
And here are some reminders for your booking:
- P2000 security deposit is required upon check in. It will be refunded during check out.
- Optional cleaning service of P500.
- Check in time: 3PM to 11PM / check out time: 12 noon.
- No smoking allowed.
- Cooking and bringing of food is allowed.
Another thing that you should know about Zen Rooms is that cancellation is free up to 48 hours before check-in date!
Get 20% discount on your bookings
Rates in Icon Plaza are as low as P2499/night. Book a room here:
Use promocode TARALETS and get 10-20% discount on your booking. You can use this promocode for ALL bookings in Zen Rooms.
Have you been to Icon Plaza, BGC? What can you say about it?
Here’s a list of our staycations in Metro Manila:
- Staycation at Gramercy Residences (Makati)
- Staycation at Icon Plaza (BGC, Taguig)
- Staycation at Acqua Private Residences (Mandaluyong)
- Staycation at Azure Urban Resort Residences (Paranaque)
Other similar posts:
Katherine Cortes is a 30-something freelance writer/editor. She likes beaches, snorkeling trips, and relaxing staycations (preferably with bath tubs!).