Who could’ve known that a few minutes away from the center of Lipa City, you can find an oasis such as Casa Carlita? Casa Carlita is a resort in Lipa, Batangas with charming bahay kubo villas and a swimming pool surrounded by trees. It’s the perfect place for a quick getaway if you’re staying in Lipa.
Our staycation in Casa Carlita
Hali and I stayed here on a weekday this November 2021. We drove from Alabang and it only took us a little over an hour to reach the resort. It was actually a little bit remote, which surprised us because we didn’t know there is a place like this in Lipa.
We stayed in a 2-story bahay kubo villa. I find it really cute. It’s made of bamboo, and the scent reminds me of the wooden houses in our province. The first floor has a sofa with a pull-out bed and the second floor has the main queen-sized bed, with two extra mattresses. I find the beds very IG-worthy.
The villa features a native design, but the indoor offers modern conveniences. It’s completely airconditioned, and there’s a TV and a refrigerator too. There’s a quaint bathroom complete with hot and cold shower.
Lastly, there’s a veranda with a small table for two. Just the perfect place to hang out.
After we’d settled our bags, Hali and I went to the swimming pool. The swimming pool is small, but just right for the size of the resort. It’s surrounded by bamboo and other trees, and there are lounge beds and couches where you can sunbathe or relax. There was another group of guests that day, but we were the only ones at the pool area.
The pool slopes deeper in one end, which Hali liked because he likes having a proper swim. I liked that there were steps on the pool’s edges where I could sit while still submerged in the water. It was so relaxing.
Afterwards, we went back to our villa and took a shower. The resort offers dining options, but we brought our own food (Jollibee as always). We also ordered milk tea from Food Panda. I was actually excited to see the various restaurants in Food Panda and Grab — I like discovering new eats. I wasn’t sure that online food deliveries were available here, which is why we opted to bring take-outs instead.
After our early dinner, we went outside for the outdoor movie night. Chairs and bean bags were placed in an open area facing a huge TV, so guests can enjoy a movie of their choice. Again, it’s really cute. I appreciate when resorts offer a little extra so the guests can enjoy their stay better.
We spent the rest of the night watching Netflix back at the villa. Then the next morning chilling in our room before checking out.
Overall, we liked our stay at Casa Carlita. It’s a cozy, relaxing resort ideal for family get-togethers or friends who want a quick getaway from the city. Those who are looking for a venue for small events or gathering can book here too.
Practical Info: Casa Carlita
Casa Carlita Resort and Events Place is a small resort in Lipa, Batangas. It’s about 1.5 hour away from Manila.
Here are the facilities you can find at the resort:
- 3 bahay kubo villas
- 3 dorm rooms
- Swimming pool with kid section
- Communal toilets and showers
- Alfresco events hall/dining area
- Grilling area
- Outdoor movie night
- Children’s playground, billiards table
Here are some things to note:
- Wifi is available and has strong signal.
- You can bring your own food or order at the resort. Their menu is a bit expensive though, and you might want to tell them in advance if you are dining in. For those who are holding events in the resort, the food is catered by the famous Rafa’s Kitchen. If you want to eat local, there are interesting restaurants in the city center, such as Casa Carmen Restaurant and Cafe.
- For nearby side trips, you can visit the Old Grove Farmstead, which is only several minutes away.
- For similar resorts in Lipa, I recommend checking out Casa Belinda!
Here are the current rates (Updated as of 2021):
- Villa: P4000 for 2 people (P750 for every additional person, maximum of 6 people)
- Dorm room: P8000 (good for 8 people)
- Exclusive rent for whole resort: P40K (good up to 40 people)
Day tours are also available from 8AM to 6PM. Rate is P350 per person. Make sure to reserve at least a day in advance.
For reservation and inquiries, you can contact Casa Carlita in Facebook or their mobile: 09178370234.
Did you find this post about Casa Carlita resort in Lipa, Batangas helpful? If you have questions and comments, let us know in the comment section below!
What to read next:
Heading to Batangas for a vacation? Check out these similar articles:
- Ultimate Guide to the Best Beach Resorts in Batangas
- Best Beach Resorts in Anilao
- Best Beach Resorts in Calatagan
- Best Beach Resorts in Laiya
- Best Beach Resorts in Nasugbu
- [TOP PICKS] 15+ Private Resorts in Batangas for Get-Togethers
- [TOP PICKS] 15 Private Beach Resorts with Pool in Batangas
- 10 Family-Friendly Resorts in Batangas
- 10 Affordable Beach Resorts in Batangas
- Best Resorts in Batangas for Snorkeling and Freediving
Get discounts on your travels!
Enjoy discounts with KLOOK using our promo code: TARALETSANYWHERE
Katherine Cortes is a long-time backpacker and a freelance writer/editor. She likes beaches, snorkeling trips, and relaxing staycations (preferably with bath tubs!).