We’ve all got friends who love spending time in the great outdoors and who love to go camping, but not all of us feel the same. Lots of us find the thought of camping scary. So, if you’re the type of person who shudders at the idea of a camping trip, then we’re here to help. Below are some of our best tips to help you enjoy the experience more:
Pack the Right Gear
If you’ve agreed to go on a camping trip, then there are a few essential items you’ll need to take with you. These include:
- Clothing. Unless you know exactly what the weather (and temperature) is going to be, then you should consider packing for all weather conditions. This means you’ll be comfortable no matter what type of weather you camp in. It’s a good idea to wear comfy clothes like joggers or sportswear. Not only will these clothes help you feel more relaxed, but they’re designed to dry quickly too.
- A tent. You will need to take a good quality tent with you on your camping trip. It doesn’t have to be large in size, but it does need to be able to withstand bad weather conditions.
- Sleeping bag. Getting a good night’s sleep will help make your camping experience more enjoyable. If you want to get a good night’s sleep on your camping trip, then purchase a synthetic sleeping bag. The pros of synthetic sleeping bags include being eco-friendly. They’re thick and fluffy, they’re stuffed with a material that doesn’t come from animals and they usually come with a hood. What more do you need to stay comfortable and warm?
- Food and drink. Nothing makes a camping trip more enjoyable than sitting around a campfire or BBQ and toasting marshmallows. Take food items with you that are perfect for cooking when camping. Remember, most people feel happier once they’ve got a full stomach.
Other essentials include:
- A torch
- First aid kit
- Wash items
- A plastic bag to store your wet clothes in
Make Your Camping Experience More Glamorous
If you’re still unsure about going on a camping trip, then why not consider taking a few luxury items with you to make it more bearable? These are some of things you could take:
- Purchase a better tent. If you feel safe and comfortable, you’re more likely to enjoy yourself. There are lots of styles of tent available to choose from, so do some research to find one that’s perfect for you.
- Take a blow-up mattress. If you’re worried about waking up with aches and pains after sleeping on the floor, then why not consider taking a blow-up mattress with you? Place this inside your tent and you’ll have a brilliant night’s sleep.
- Pillows. For that added bit of luxury, take a pillow with you.
- Face masks. Who says you can’t sit around a campfire wearing a rejuvenating face mask? If it makes you feel more relaxed, then go for it!
- Technology. Technology is really important in our lives today. If you’re worried about the battery on your phone running out, then take a charger and battery pack with you.
Bring Items for Entertainment
The last thing you want during your camping trip is to be bored. Take plenty of games with you to keep you, and others entertained. You could even consider taking things like a football, a baseball set, a pack of cards or a frisbee. All of these items will help you to have a more enjoyable experience.
While most of us appreciate the great outdoors, we don’t all like the idea of camping. However, there are lots of things you can do to make your camping trip more bearable. Take items with you that help you to relax, get a good night’s sleep and stop you from getting bored. You never know, you may even enjoy it!
What other tips do you recommend for surviving camping? Let us know in the comment section below!